Add website URL to Google
Created on 18 November, 2023 • Search Engine Optimization • 1 minutes read
How to add a website URL to Google search?
To add a URL to Google Search, you can use the URL Inspection Tool in Google Search Console. This tool allows you to submit URLs to Google for indexing, view information about how Google has crawled and indexed your pages, and troubleshoot any indexing issues.
Add Website URL To Google Search
Here are the steps on how to add a URL to Google Search Console using the URL Inspection Tool:
- Sign in to your Google Search Console account.
- Select the property for the website you want to add the URL to.
- Click on the "URL Inspection" tool.
- Enter the URL you want to add in the "URL to inspect" field.
- Click on the "TEST LIVE URL" button.
- If Google is able to crawl the URL, you will see a message that says "URL is eligible to appear in search results."
- To submit the URL for indexing, click on the "Request indexing" button.
Google will then review the URL and consider it for inclusion in their search results.
It is important to note that submitting a URL for indexing does not guarantee that it will be included in search results.
Google will only include URLs that are high-quality, relevant, and useful to their users.
Here are some additional tips for adding URLs to Google Search:
- Use a sitemap. A sitemap is an XML file that lists all of the URLs on your website. Submitting a sitemap to Google Search Console can help them discover and index your URLs more quickly.
- Make sure your website is crawlable. Googlebot, the Google Search crawler, needs to be able to access your website in order to crawl it. Make sure your website is not blocked from robots.txt and that your robots.txt file is up-to-date.
- Create high-quality content. Google is more likely to index your URLs if they contain high-quality, relevant, and useful content.
- Promote your website. The more links your website has from other high-quality websites, the more likely it is that Google will index your URLs.
By following these tips, you can help Google discover and index your URLs more quickly and effectively.