What is .link domain?
Created on 6 November, 2022 | All about TLDs (Top-Level-Domain) such as .com, .org, .in, .link | 250 views | 2 minutes read
.link is an active gTLD that was suggested in the New gTLD Program of ICANN. Uniregistry is the TLD's registry and manager.
What is the ".link" domain?
The ".link" domain is a top-level domain (TLD) in the Domain Name System (DNS) hierarchy. It was introduced in 2014 and is managed by the registry operator, UNR Corp. The ".link" domain is intended to be used by individuals, businesses, and organizations to create domain names that are memorable, meaningful, and easy to recognize.
The domain can be used for a variety of purposes, including personal websites, blogs, online portfolios, e-commerce sites, and more.
The ".link" domain is one of many new generic top-level domains (gTLDs) that were introduced in recent years as part of an expansion of the domain name system. Other examples of new gTLDs include ".app," ".io," ".xyz," and ".club."
Is the ".link" domain a good choice?
Top reasons why link domains (TLDs) are a good choice for linking and connecting
TLD: Top-Level Domain
- The ".link" top-level domain (TLD) is a great choice for websites that want to emphasize their connection with other sites or resources.
- The ".link" TLD is also a good choice for personal websites or blogs.
- The ".link" TLD is a top-level domain that was created to provide a more efficient way to link to websites.
- This domain is designed to be used for website addresses that are used primarily for linking to other websites.
- The ".link" TLD is intended to make it easier for people to find websites that offer links to other websites.
- The ".link" TLD is also intended to make it easier for people to remember website addresses that are used for linking to other websites.
- The ".link" TLD is the shortest TLD available, making it much easier to remember and type.
It is available for anyone to register, making it perfect for businesses or individuals who want a short, memorable domain name.
The ".link" top-level domain (TLD) uses DNSSEC to verify DNS queries. This makes your link more secure against DNS hijacking.
Additionally, the ".link" TLD is on the HSTS preload list, meaning that browsers will only connect to ".link" sites using HTTPS.
The ".link" TLD is more search engine friendly, making it easier for people to find your links.
If you're looking for a more search engine-friendly way to share links, the ".link" TLD may be a good option for you.
This TLD is designed to be more easily found by search engines, making it easier for people to discover your links.
Of course, there's no guarantee that using the ".link" TLD will guarantee better search engine visibility for your links.
But it's certainly worth considering if you're looking for ways to optimize your link-sharing strategy.
In comparison to other new TLDs, ".com" is one of the largest and best-known, as ".com" is a domain name, just as are ".org," ".net," ".us," and ".in" domain names.
Symbolics.com was the first internet domain name, registered on March 15, 1985, nearly 25 years ago.
The first 10 domain names were registered below.
1. symbolics.com, March 15, 1985
2. bbn.com, April 24, 1985
4. mcc.com, November 7, 1985
5. dec.com, September 30, 1985
6. northrop.com, November 7, 1985
7. xerox.com, 09/01/1986
8.sri.com, January 17, 1986
9. HP.com, 03/03/1986
10. bellcore.com, 05/03/1986
As we all know, the.com domain name is a popular and universal TLD; however, not all TLDs are universal; for example, the.in TLD is for India but can also be accessed from the United States, and the.au TLD is for Australia but can also be accessed from India or any other country, depending on the restrictions and permissions assigned by the domain administrator or an organization.
New TLDs include "ink," "link," and "page."
Example of .link domain name is "official.link"
NFT Bio Link for the NFT arts collection.
All about Nfts | 434 views
What is official link directory?
All About Technology | 366 views
What is link in bio and bio link?
Bio Link Tool | 341 views
What are HTML Links or Hyperlinks, and how to create them?
All About Technology | 321 views
What is bio link?
All About Technology | 317 views